Christmas is around the corner (yes, trust me, it will be sooner than you think you have time for) and for those of you who have Minion-loving friends, here are 5 Minion gift ideas you can consider getting without giving an arm or queuing up for hours at McDonald’s for:
1. Luggage Tags – These non-official items been around for quite some time and the designs are getting better (read: the minions looking more like the real thing) except some are labelled as “ME2” rather than “DM2”, hee. Oh well, it’s only S$2.50, so live with it.
2. EZ-Link Card Stickers – I love these! Just brighten up your day as you walk through the MRT turnstiles or hop onto a bus. Start from $2 and come in various designs.
3. Phone Cases – It takes a brave, not-shy friend to be able to carry this phone case off, especially if he or she has a Samsung Galaxy S4 (also available for other brands). This is for the back by the way so imagine that grinning minion on your ear when answering a call…
4. Plushies – The real Minion plushies are not cheap and I’m not even talking about the talking ones! But there are many of these cute lookalikes around – from Singapore to Bangkok to Hongkong/Taiwan – and they won’t cost you an arm or a leg either.
5. Lego Minion Minifigs – Now these really take some skills. If you really want to impress your friend (or kid), get a pack of Legos – and these are the really small ones, not the big ones of old – and create your own mini minions. Let me tell you, it ain’t easy… BUT the recipient is definitely gonna be mighty impressed! So, go for it I say!
Photos Credit: Marguerita Tan Photography (bar movie poster)