The Walking Dead Season 7 Premiere (SPOILER – STOP NOW IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE EPISODE…)
I knew he would be the one to get whacked but that still didn’t stop me from crying my heart out after the Season 7 premiere last night, something I haven’t done since Bobbi and Lance sacrificed themselves and had to leave the team in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’s Season 2’s “Parting Shot”.
In a way, I’m glad the TWD writers didn’t cop out just because he was a fan favourite ‘cos with death of Glenn Rhee – which was foretold in the graphic novels – various stories arcs can go forth in the TV series.
Still, it’s hard to fathom not seeing the brilliant Steven Yeun on my favourite TV drama series anymore.
Here’s the Top 5 lines from the coolest pizza delivery guy whose company we’d enjoyed since Season one in 2010:
5. “Nice moves there, Clint Eastwood. You the new sheriff come riding in to clean up the town?” – To Rick, after saving the latter from a mob of walkers on the street in Season 1, Episode 2.
4. “God probably got the gist.” – To Maggie after she interrupted him praying for the first time on her front porch in Season 2, Episode 3.
3. “You honor the dead by going on. Even when you’re scared. You live because they don’t get to.” – To Enid, explaining why she needs to return to Alexandria in Season 6, Episode 7.
2. “I’m supposed to be delivering pizza, man…” – His retort to Alexandria resident Health outside the tractor store in Season 6, Episode 1.
1. “Maggie, I’ll find you…” – His last words directed at Maggie after being whacked on the head by Negan’s Lucille so hard that one of his eyes literally popped out in Season 7, Episode 1.
RIP Glenn. It was really nice knowing you…
(Photo Credit: AMC – The Walking Dead)