And since end September when Solo was available in various in-house formats, people who skipped it at the theaters for one reason or another have been giving the film the thumbs-up as well and regretting not catching it on the big screen.
Most agreed that the film is pure fun with exhilarating action, and which gets better with each repeated viewing. With Alden Ehrenreich impressive as the titular character, Solo embodies the spirit and feel of a classic Star Wars film even though it does not feature the Force or a single Jedi.The Ron Howard-directed film also boasts a stirring original and adapted soundtrack by John Powell (the best since The Phantom Menace), stunning cinematography by Bradford Young, and exquisite overall design from costumes to sets to space creatures. Not forgetting a great supporting cast comprising Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca (in his most physical performance as the beloved Wookiee).
Lastly, as with all the best Star Wars films, Solo is filled with great quotes. Penned by Lawrence Kasdan (The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens) and his self-confessed Star Wars geek son Jonathan, Solo is filled with loads of Star Wars nuances and lore.
Memorable Quotes from Solo: A Star Wars Story
(Warning: Spoilers ahead if you haven’t watch the movie.)
So without further ado, here’s but 20 of the most memorable quotes:
1. “I have no people. I’m alone.”
– Han, informing the Imperial recruiting officer on Corellia who eventually gives him “Solo” as a last name.
2. “I’m telling you. You’ll never have a deeper sleep than when you’re curled up in a Wookiee’s lap.”
– Rio Durant, telling Tobias Beckett why he should let Han and Chewbacca join their crew at Mimbun.
– Han to Chewbacca when the Wookiee joins him in the shower on board Beckett and crew’s stolen AT-hauler.
4. “It’s no good to die alone, kid.”
– Rio’s last words to Han which made the latter more determined than ever to return to Corellia and rescue his childhood love, Qi’ra.
– Val’s last words to Beckett before sacrificing herself during the conveyex train heist in Vandor.
6. “You look good. A bit rough around the edges, but good.”
– Qi’ra, upon reuniting with Han on board Dryden Vos’ yacht, three years after they were cruelly separated on Corellia.
– Lando Calrissian, telling Han to believe every story about the self-made smuggler-gambler.
8. “I don’t like it. I don’t agree with it. But I accept it.”
– Lando to Beckett after the latter cut his share to 20 per cent in exchange for lifting the restraining bolts off the Millennium Falcon.
– Self-made droid L3-37 to Lando when her co-pilot insists that she follows his orders.
10. “You might want to buckle up, baby.”
– Lando to Han, as they prepare to jump into hyperspace on the Falcon.
– Beckett warning Han that Qi’ra doesn’t fit into their plans.
12. “That brand says you’re committed, but that human male’s heart palpitations indicate that he’s in love with you.”
– L3 to Qi’ra when the latter, who has a Crimson Dawn logo branded on her wrist, denies she has a “little problem” with Han.
– L3 to Lando, after she triggered a mass droid breakout in the Kessel mines.
14. “I’ve got a really good feeling about this!”
– Han, as he’s about to steer the Millennium Falcon through the Kessel Run.
– Qi’ra to Han after he claims he’s officially an outlaw who is neither afraid of Dryden Vos nor Crimson Dawn.
16. “Not if you round down, buddy!”
– Han to Chewbacca after the Wookiee disagrees that they completed the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.
– Dryden Vos to Han when the latter tells the Crimson Dawn boss that it is wise of him to handle a rack of volatile coaxium vials.
18. “You and I will be working much more closely from now on.”
– Maul, the real boss of Crimson Dawn, to Qi’ra after the top lieutenant is handed the late Dryden Vos’ position and instructed to fly to Dathomir to meet with him.
19. “Smart move, kid. For once. I would’ve killed you.”
– Beckett to Han after the latter shoots the old-timer first to prevent him from walking away with the refined coaxium.
20. “It’s the blood that brings life to something new… A rebellion.”
– Enfys Nest, informing Han what 60 million credits’ worth of refined coaxium will be funding – the start of the resistance against the Empire.
* The 15 Coolest Easter Eggs in ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’
* Emilia Clarke’s Qi’ra – What We Know of the Enigmatic Character in Solo: A Star Wars Story
* Han Solo’s 15 Most Iconic Quotes from ‘Star Wars’
Solo: A Star Wars Story is now available on digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand.